Brosterfield - Investigation into Remaining Options for the Site
The report was introduced by the Corporate Property Officer, who outlined the main points of the report and its recommendations.
There was a correction, in the section of the report on Risk Management, it stated “The risk of the community being able to raise sufficient funds”, should read “being unable”.
The following spoke under the public participation at meetings scheme:
· Philip Haslam, Objector – telephone call
· Katie Edwards, Objector – audio recording
· Mr John Youatt, Objector– telephone call
· Mrs Fallows, Objector – video recording
· Mr and Mrs Palmer, Objector– statement read out by Democratic Services
· Mr David Martin, Objector – statement read out by Democratic Services
· Mr Simon Wills, Foolow Parish Meeting, Objector – telephone call
Members discussed whether the two recommendations stated in the report were mutually exclusive or whether the two processes could run concurrently.
A motion was proposed and seconded, to agree to sell the site to the Foolow Community at an agreed price, on the understanding that the sale be completed by February 2022, if the deadline was not met, the site would be sold on the open market.
Officers confirmed that the community had been asked to provide a detailed funding plan, but insufficient information had been provided by the community. It was noted that more detailed information had now been offered by speakers.
Officers also confirmed that a formal indication of support for any community funding bids required a mandate from this meeting.
A further addition to the motion was suggested, that the Foolow Community be asked to provide a detailed business plan to be considered in advance of the May Authority meeting which would be required for the purchase to proceed.
The motion as amended and as proposed below was approved by the mover and seconder .
- Business plan to be completed by May 2021, and submitted in time to be presented at the Authority meeting on the 21 May 2021
- Funding certainty to be in place by November 2021
- Contracts to be exchanged by February 2022
If any of these gateway milestones are not met then the Authority will revert to selling the site on the open market.
The motion was voted on and carried.
To agree to sell the site to the Foolow Community at an agreed price with exchange of contracts by 28 February 2022. The following gateway reviews will need to be passed by the Foolow Community proposals:
- A robust business plan to be submitted by an agreed date. The Plan will be assessed by Officers and if not deemed sufficient a report will be brought to the Authority meeting on the 21 May 2021.
- Evidence that funding is in place to purchase the site is submitted by 1 November 2021. The evidence to be evaluated by Officers and if not deemed sufficient a report will be brought to a future Authority meeting.
If either of these gateway reviews are not passed then the Authority will revert to selling the site on the open market.
- 19th Feb 2021 BROSTERFIELD Part A Committee Report Final WORKING COPY.JRS, item 7/21 PDF 353 KB
- BROSTERFIELD FEB 2021APPENDIX 1, item 7/21 PDF 327 KB
- Appendix 2aBusiness Plan, item 7/21 PDF 554 KB
- Appendix 2b Further details addressing the Objectives, item 7/21 PDF 447 KB
- Appendix 2c Plan Brosterfield Plot of fields, item 7/21 PDF 495 KB