The Chair provided a verbal update to the Authority.
· We understand that Cllr Armitage was due to be making his way back home to recuperate following his recent illness.
· Cllr Woods was welcomed back following her recent operation.
· The Chair thanked Members for a productive Forum last week to discuss the Landscape Review, and also for the follow up emails he had received. The Chair together with the CEO will be speaking to other Local Authorities and key stake holders and will be working through a draft response to DEFRA which will be shared with Members.
· The Chair reported on the sad news that John Thompson, former Chair of the Peak District Local Access Forum had recently passed away. John spent 40 years working for the Authority, starting as a Planning Trainee in 1966, retiring in 2007 as Director of Recreation, having also spent a brief spot as interim CEO. John was a kind man, who achieved results through dialogue and made a huge contribution to the work of the Authority. He will be sorely missed, and our condolences go out to his family.
· Former Authority Member, Penny Anderson has published a book on Wildlife of the Peak District.
· The Chair reported that this would be the last Authority Meeting for the CEO, Sarah Fowler before she leaves the Authority for her new role as CEO with the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust. There will be a leaving event taking place in the Board Room at Aldern House on the 21st February at 1.30. It will be a hybrid affair, so while Members are welcome to attend in person, it will also be held virtually so Members could watch the proceedings and speak directly to Sarah if they wished.