The Chair of the Authority provided a verbal update to Members on the following:
· That he intended to speak to Members regarding the updated funding situation for National Parks at the Members Forum following this committee.
· There had been a rapid turnover of personnel at ministerial level at DEFRA recently, but Trudy Harrison MP was now the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and that he had written to her in his capacity as Chair of National Parks England.
That he had attended several events including:
· The “One Team” celebration at Aldern House
· Annual Parishes Day event
· A meeting at Chatsworth regarding Whole Estate Planning
· A meeting with Friends of the Peak District (Council for the Protection of Rural England), with the Chief Executive
· A briefing with Derbyshire Councy Council leader Cllr Barry Lewis about the East Midlands combined authority.
The Chair also advised Members of the passing away of Peter Townsend, who had formerly been the principal Officer at Losehill Hall and of Michael Dower, a former National Park Officer.