Full Application - S.73 application for the removal and variation of condition 2 and 7 ON NP/DDD/1222/1562 at Newby House, Over Lane, Baslow NP/DDD/0623/0639, WE)
Some Members had visited the site the previous day.
The report was introduced by the Planning Officer who explained the reasons for refusal as set out in the report. He also told Members that the current application needed to be determined on it’s own merits and advised them not to give too much weight to what was already approved.
The following spoke under the public participation at meetings scheme:
· Jane Newman
Members agreed that while the extension was a unique and striking design and somewhat strayed from the vernacular style, it was clear from the Site Visit that the design worked well.
The Planning Officer gave a list of conditions that would be applied if Members were minded to approve the application.
The Planning Officer explained that the variation of the condition relating to the removal of permitted development rights had not been applied for in this application but that it may be possible to find a way to reinstate permitted development rights relating to solar panels – a minor non-material amendment had been mentioned.
A motion to approve the application was proposed, seconded, voted on and carried.
To APPROVE subject to the following conditions:
1. Statutory 3-year time limit for building commencement
2. In accordance with approved plans
3. Materials to match the original building
4. Any conditions that are relevant from the prior proposal
5. Detailed conditions to be approved by the Chair and Vice Chair.
- 0623-0639_Newby House Committee Report deferred from july for site visit, item 111/23 PDF 339 KB
- Item 10 - Newby House, Baslow, item 111/23 PDF 531 KB