The Chair reported that Cllrs Laws, Howe and Walton had left the Authority following the recent elections, and that a Certificate of Appreciation would be sent to them, as a token of thanks. Cllr Macrae would remain as an Authority Member until such time Cheshire East Council had nominated a replacement, which would be after the Authority AGM in July.
The Chair also welcomed Cllr Farrell, High Peak Borough Council and Cllr Armitage, North East Derbyshire District Council to their first meeting of the Authority as new Members and to Cllr Huddlestone, High Peak Borough Council, who unfortunately couldn’t attend the meeting today. Cllr Wharmby from Derbyshire County Council was also welcomed to the meeting as observer, as a replacement for Cllr Perkins following his resignation.
The Chair then presented Certificates of Appreciation to both Cllrs Favell and Roberts, and on behalf of the Authority thanked them both for their years of dedication, commitment and energy, and invited them both to say a few words as this was their last Authority Meeting.
The Chair informed Members that shortlisting had taken place for the 3 Secretary of State vacancies, and that 7 people would be interviewed in 3 weeks time and that the closing date for the Parish Nominations was the 28th May.
The Chair then went on to highlight the following meetings and events he had attended since the last Authority Meeting:
· Attended the 70th Anniversary of the 1949 Act, event held by the Campaign for National Parks at Losehill Hall
· Spoke at the Spirit of Kinder Event, marking the anniversary of the Kinder Mass Trespass
· Attended the opening of the Baslow Woodland Park
· Had a meeting with Derbyshire Police Rural Crime Team
· Attended the opening of Millers Dale Station
· Peak Park Parishes Forum Liaison Meeting