Agenda item

Trans-Pennine Tunnel Study and A628 Upgrade (JRS)


The Director of Conservation and Planning introduced the report confirming that there was a delay regarding the decision to proceed with the project as the Department of Transport  Investment Panel would not meet until July 2020.  If the funding was confirmed by the Investment Panel the project team would develop a more detailed scheme, if funding were not approved it was likely that the scheme would be shelved.


The Director of Conservation and Planning agreed to keep Members informed of the progress of the project.




  1. To note the contents of the report.


Supporting documents: