Full Application - For extension of existing gritstone barn and demolition of redundant agricultural buildings to form one dwelling at Shatton Farm, Shatton Lane, Shatton (NP/HPK/0920/0874, AM)
Cllr D Chapman left the meeting due to a personal and prejudicial interest in this item.
Members had visited the site on the previous day.
The Planning Officer introduced the application. A previous application for the site had been approved and that approval was still valid. The new application had significant differences to the previously approved application and was recommended for refusal.
The following spoke under the Public Participation at Meetings Scheme:
• John Avill – statement read out by Helen Ibbotson
• Mr Bolton read out a statement on behalf of the applicant.
A motion to refuse the application in accordance with the Officer recommendation was moved and seconded, put to the vote and carried.
The Application was REFUSED for the following reason:
1. The proposed development would harm the character and appearance of the existing barn, the site and its surroundings and would harm the setting of the Grade II listed Nether Cottage contrary to Core Strategy policies GSP1, GSP2, GSP3, L3 and HC1; Development Management policies DMC3, DMC5, DMC7 and DMC10; the Authority’s adopted design guide Supplementary Planning Document and the National Planning Policy Framework.
- 0920-0874_Shatton Barn Jk Checked, item 14/22 PDF 353 KB
- Item 6 - Shatton Farm, Shatton Lane, Shatton, item 14/22 PDF 551 KB