Chief Executive Report
The Chief Executive’s report gave updates to Members on the following:-
· The CEO had been getting to know the National Park by visiting cycle hire and visitor centres, meeting various staff members and volunteers, as well as spending time with Teams in Aldern House and at Edale.
· He had been working with Officers and Members to complete the National Park Management Plan.
· Preparations were underway on the budget for the next financial year.
· He had attended the National Parks UK Conference in Exmoor at the end of September.
· A successful bid had been made by the Moors for the Future Partnership in an application to the National Peatland Grant Scheme, with an award of over £1 million which would be used to restore 35,000 hectares of degraded peat in England.
A short video, which had been produced by the National Parks UK conference organisers, giving a brief summary of the event was shown to Members.
Cllr Chaplin joined the meeting at 10.16.
To note the report.
- CEO Report 26th Oct 2022, item 88/22 PDF 421 KB
- CEO NPE Aug - Sept 2022, item 88/22 PDF 2 MB
- CEO National Parks Partnerships Update Oct 2022, item 88/22 PDF 894 KB