Full Application - Change of use of land (area 10) from touring/camping plots to stationing of holiday lodges and static caravans at Ashbourne Heights Caravan Park, Ashbourne Road, Fenny Bentley (NP/DDD/0523/0520, JS)
Some Members had visited the site the previous day.
The report was introduced by the Planning Officer who laid out the reasons for approval as set out in the report.
The following spoke under the public participation at meetings scheme:
· Chris Waumsley, agent
Members were positive about the application stating that in comparison to the previous application, this was a development in the right location and mentioned that they were glad to also note the enhancement to the site by the removal of the existing obtrusive electricity lines which were due to be moved underground.
Members asked for an extra condition to clearly define the footpath leading to the site.
A motion to approve the application subject to the extra condition was moved, seconded, voted on and carried.
Statutory 3 year commencement.
Compliance with submitted plans and specifications, subject to the following:
Submit details of the design and external appearance, including colour of the static caravans and lodges.
Occupancy of units to be short stay holiday accommodation, maximum 28 days per person per calendar year, no occupancy permitted 16 January to 1 March in each calendar year
Submit and implement a Landscape and Ecological Management Plan (LEMP) to include the location and specification of bat and bird features along with objectives and management prescriptions for the enhancement of the habitat on site (including details regarding the proposed water basin, grassland and trees).
Submit and implement woodland management plan.
Scheme of Archaeological Works:
1. The programme and methodology of site investigation and recording;
2. The programme for post investigation assessment;
3. Provision to be made for analysis of the site investigation and recording;
4. Provision to be made for publication and dissemination of the analysis and records of the site investigation;
5. Provision to be made for archive deposition of the analysis and records of the site investigation;
6. Nomination of a competent person or persons/organization to undertake the works set out within the Written Scheme of Investigation.
Submit and implement Travel Plan for both staff and visitors staying at the site.
The holiday lodges and static caravans, the subjects of the application, shall not be taken into use until space has been provided within the application site in accordance with the application drawings for the parking of visitors vehicles, laid out, surfaced and maintained throughout the life of the development free from any impediment to its designated use.
Drainage conditions recommended by the Lead Local Flood Authority (see report).
11 Scheme of waymarking of public footpath to be agreed and implemented.
- 0523-0520_ Ashbourne Heights, item 114/23 PDF 312 KB
- Item 13 - Ashbourne Heights Caravan Park, item 114/23 PDF 386 KB