Full Application: Redesign of existing car park and amenity area at Dunford Bridge Car Park, Brook Hill Lane, Dunford Bridge NP/B/1119/1241 JK
A. That the application for that part of the site lying within the National Park be APPROVED subject to the following conditions
1. Commence within 3 years
2. Carry out in accordance with specified submitted plans and supporting statements subject to following conditions and or modifications
3. Submission of precise details of both hard and soft landscaping measures including details of all street furniture for prior written approval with implementation provision. Notwithstanding what is in the arboricultural report and impact assessment, the details shall include for the retention of hedge group H2 within the submitted scheme, unless otherwise agreed with the Authority.
4. The provision of two electric vehicle (EV) charging points within the car park with prior submission for written approval of the details and location together with implementation provision.
5. The detailed plans required by condition 3 shall include the provision of minimum parking bay dimensions of 2.5m x 5.0m.
6. Submission of a waste management plan for approval.
That Barnsley MBC be advised that PDNPA have no objections in principle and strongly support that part of the application proposal lying outside the Peak National Park within Barnsley MBC subject to the following recommended amendments/conditions;
1. The small area of species rich grassland included in the application site area and proposed to be incorporated into the north-east corner of the extended amenity area grass habitat shall be retained and the plan in this area amended to take account of this consideration.
2. Furthermore it is requested that there shall be no tree planting in the remaining species rich grassland.
3. All other mitigation measures, and species rich grassland restoration, should be adopted as per the VIP LEMP and in the report, section 188.8.131.52, included with this application ‘Visual Impact Provision (VIP) Peak District East Dunford Bridge Car Park Redesign Environmental Key Issues Report. November 2019,
Decision type: Key
Decision status: APPROVED (In accordance with officer recommendation with additional or amended condition(s))
Notice of proposed decision first published: 04/06/2020
Decision due: 12 Jun 2020 by Director of Conservation and Planning
- 1119-1241_DUNFORD BRIDGE CAR PARK APPLICATION JEN CHECKED PDF 417 KB
- Site Plan - 1119-1241_Dunford Bridge Car park PDF 635 KB
- Ann Robinson, Friends of the Peak District (completed)
- Mr K Smith - Authority Member (completed)
- Michelle Clark, VIP Project Manager, National Grid (completed)
- Chris Baines, Chairman Stakeholder Advisory Group, Visual Impact Provision Project (completed)
- Cllr Patrick Brady, Authority Member (completed)
- Cllr M Chaplin - Authority Member (completed)
- Ms L Slack - Authority Member (completed)